Tuesday, September 11, 2012

THE MARATHON

This last weekend I went to an auction.....it was a marathon.  Arrived at 8:30 A.M. and didn't get home until about 7:30 P.M.  What a day!  Didn't get everything I wanted, but I was running out of money especially after winning a good lot of jadeite glassware.  I paid more than I wanted to, but I was not going to quit.  I waited all day for it and wasn't going home without it.  Auctions can really get me in trouble.  As soon as they're over, I start worrying about getting my money back plus more (damned buyer's remorse) gets to me every time.  It all seems to work out in the end.  I did get a real nice 4 piece set of marbled beige Samsonite luggage.  All of it is in great condition and it was a real good deal.  Looks like it was hardly used.  I will post some pictures in a day or two.  Too many other things to do....estate sales, yard sales....you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment