Sunday, October 7, 2012

Auction Today!

Well, we will be headed to an auction in a couple of hours.  It is about 15 miles up the road in Hotchkiss, CO.  An antique store that has been in business for many years is going out of business, and this auction is to sell everything that is left after having a half price sale that lasted for a few months.  Makes me wonder what will be left, but we will find out.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  If it turns out to be a dud, it's always a good place to socialize with all your auction buddies.  Sometimes auctions are the only place I see some of my friends, so I always look forward to them for that reason, also.

Yesterday we hit some out of town thrift stores and found an outside flea market in Montrose.  It was chilly in the morning, but warmed up and was real nice in the afternoon.  Found a few things there, but nothing real spectacular.  We also went to a Salvation Army store, which I call The Salvation Army Antique Store, because most of their prices are ridiculously high.  A plain and simple picnic basket for $59.95?  You've got to be kidding me!  Any way, we like to go in there for a good laugh!  Makes me wonder how they can sell anything. And it it makes me wonder how people who really need to shop there can afford to buy anything.  Honestly, it pisses me off.  Anyway, we will be off soon and I will let you know how it turns out!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment